Chapter 1 Results

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:”Calibri”,”sans-serif”; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

A couple of people have committed to categorize each company in their account base based on their own version of Outstanding Proposals, Hard Leads, Prospects, and Suspects.

  • Findings = people know more about their account base than they thought. It was easy to over 90% of companies/locations into a “bucket”. The other 10% only took a phone call or two and a couple answers to drop them in. 

One book club member who has been in sales for under a year has committed to figuring out who her customers are, their 2009 budgets, and what they are going to spend with her.

  • This turned out to be an interesting adventure in “personal money concept”. The salesperson realized early on that she wasn’t comfortable talking money because it was rude. Instead she developed a metaphor using Yugo vs. Porshe to back into the money conversation.

Another is going to create a customized forecast spreadsheet and create his customer formula (x customers @ $_______ = total dollars sold in 2009)

  •  We’re still waiting to hear how he did!

Someone else is going to look back at customer spend for 2008 and forecast for them in 2009.

  • Done! The salesperson was able to see where time, energy, and effort need to be expended to make the most out of this year.

As for me, I have committed to enter what I know into my forecast spreadsheet before I leave on vacation. That way when I come back on Monday January 5th I’ll be ready to rock & roll!

  • WOW – this was tough, I ended up adding a column for “sometime in 2009” for the people I know have projects, but don’t know the timing of them yet.

What are you committed to do for your business?




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s