Here we are at the end of another month…
A time when telesales people are either
- ELATED – over their quota, over their personal sales goal, mentally spending their commission checkor
- depressed – they can’t even see quota from where they are
Either way we pile on the organizational stress factors – sales managers pushing for every last dollar – product managers trying to get to goal themselves by making up specials – you know the drill.
Plus our customers… yup they know it is the end of the month and they are looking to see if you will “give them a deal, if I can get you in that car today”.
safety tip: before you keep reading, remember I am NOT saying to stop calling. I am NOT saying don’t close a deal.
- Don’t try to quick close any of your deals. If you know that the order is yours, allow it to happen in the CUSTOMER’s timeframe vs. pushing for your own and making it about the selfish salesperson.
- Do offer something special to a customer to expand the product sets you currently sell them. If your company has 3 or 3,000 products or services – there are lots of customers out there who buy X but not Y from you. Month end is a great time to have them try something new.
- Don’t think about it being the end of the month. I know, I know easier written than done. Here is the truth – if you feel desperate, you’ll sound desperate. People don’t buy from someone who isn’t confident in themselves.
- Do spend some time cold calling to get back into the game. Ultimately this is one week in a long career. Spending time filling your funnel will help ensure that you have less depression and more ELATION.
- Don’t rest on your laurels, when you’re having FANTASTIC financial success. It is tough to get your head back in the game to keep building up your funnel. It is tough not to wait until next week to make that important call.
- Do use your ELATION to bring enthusiasm and energy into your next sales call. It is the opposite of sounding desperate – people want to talk to salespeople who sound excited, enthusiastic, and successful.
So what are you going to do for the next couple of days, along with every month end week for the rest of your telesales career, to make sure you don’t drop your value to quick close a deal? Register, log in, and let us know.