One of the tenets of my life is JOYFULNESS it’s ok you can laugh (my husband always does). This week I was reminded of the importance, to me, of keeping sales – joyful.
It happened while I was making cold calls… no kidding! Joyfulness and cold calls aren’t necessarily things I think of together either.
The moment came while “doing my thing” I asked a question that made the prospect THINK and our conversation opened up.
That is when I got giddy – I realized that I was in control and you can be too:
- by asking insightful questions…..
- questions the prospect hadn’t had time to consider before we talked….
- questions that change you from a salesperson into a human being…..
each of us is in control of our own joyfulness in sales.
Today take a look at the questions you ask your prospects and customers then ask yourself
- Will this question make the prospect THINK (or do they have a canned answer prepared)?
- Does the prospect care about the answer to this question?
- Am I bored when I ask this?
If your answer is no – no – no OR even if there is only one no… reword the question until your answer is yes – yes – yes. Get giddy, be joyful, by having better conversations.
Oh and if you ‘wing it’ never mind, wait… that will be next week’s post